Most people fall in love with it at first sight, others are enchanted by the way of life, its people, the food and its saffron notes, its crystal clear waters, its picturesque landscape and the beautiful Chora.
The island of Astypalea, the Aegeans’s butterfly, is waiting for us to explore it and discover its secret treasures
This yoga retreat will be a unique rejuvenation and holiday experience. Imagine waking up in the morning, seeing Chora and its mills, the deep blue sky, then practicing Yoga under the Venetian Castle overlooking the endless blue sea and, finally, returning to the Kallichoron Art Boutique Hotel and enjoying the famous, award-winning, handmade Grandma’s Breakfast with all its goodies. Then the day continues with excursions to dream beaches with crystal clear waters, such as the beaches of Agios Konstantinos, Stenos, Maltezana, Livadi and a one-day visit to the islands of Koutsomitis and Kounoupas. During sunset we will exercise with soothing breathing practices, calm exercises and meditation. Chora is ideal for an evening walk around its Venetian Castle, its cobbled streets, the impressive windmills on Chora Square, its traditional taverns and quiet bars.
On the 8th of September there are two festivals taking place in celebration of Virgin Mary’s birth: the feast of Thomas’ Panagia in Vathi and the feast of Panagia Pulariani at the Cape of Pulari in Mesa Nisi.
The island’s festivals are an excellent opportunity to feel Astypalea’s true identity. With plenty of food and wine and with the lute’s and the violin’s nostalgic sounds flooding the air you will be carried away in a wild liberating dance.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- 9 Yoga classes
- 5 nights at the Kallichoron Art Boutique Hotel (while there are available rooms)
- The award-winning “Grandma’s Breakfast“, which is served in your room every morning, is included
- Free transfer to the hotel from/ to the airport/port
- Historical tour of Chora and visit to the Astipalitiko House
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- ferry and/or air tickets
- meals (10€-15€)
Fotini Bitrou (Hatha, Restorative and Vinyasa Yoga)
Fotini comes from Aegina and operates the Kouros studio in the town of Aegina. She is a Yoga Alliance RYT-200 Certified teacher and graduate Gymnastics Academy (Athens Physical Education). Formerly a nationwide champion in 800m and 1500m athletics.
For Yoga instructor Fotini Bitros’ Biography click here
ΚΟΣΤΟΣ – ΔΙΑΘΕΣΙΜΟΤΗΤΑ (Kallichoron Art Βoutique Hotel)
|A/A||Room Type||beds||ground||No people||cost/person (€) for sharing 2 prs||cost/person (€) for sharing 3 prs||cost/person (€) for sharing 4 prs||comments|
|1||double studio||double bed||1||2||325||booked|
|4||double studio||double bed||2||2||290||booked|
|6||2 rooms apartment
|7||2 rooms apartment||2 x singles||3||4||340||295||275||booked|
|8||Superior double studio||two beds||4||2||365||booked|
|9||Superior double apartment
||double+2x singles||4||4||395||345||310||available 8/9/10 Sept|
||2 x doubles||4||395||345||310|
|11||traditional house||2 x doubles||4||395||345||310|
* Single room in a studio in Chora, within walking distance of Kallichoron, with “Grandma’s Breakfast” included 375 €, without breakfast 325 €. booked
- € 50 deposit for seat reservation
- € 150 to 13 July 2018
- Full payment until August 10, 2018
GR 1902603710000350100194261 (Bitrou Fotini – Eurobank)
GR 5501102410000024100179902 (Bitrou Fotini – Nationa Bank of Greece)
For more information you can contact Fotini here: email@example.com, +30 6932431281
* For parents that do not want to be separated from their children, childcare will be provided during the lessons.
- Cancellation 8 weeks before departure – loss of deposit
- Cancellation 8-2 weeks before departure – loss of 80% of the total amount
- Cancellation two weeks until departure – loss of 100% of the total amount
How to come
The airport is located 9km away from Chora. There are regular flights, 6 days a week from Eletherios Venizelos airport in Athens, operated by Sky Express and flight connections with the islands of Rhodes, Kos, Leros and Kalymnos, operated by Aegean Airlines / Olympic Air.
Kallichoron offers a free bus shuttle service, to and from the airport should you require it. Please provide your arrival and departure times upon reservation to ensure your seat.
For the flights’ schedule for 2018, please click here.
The ferries call at Agios Andreas port, approximately 6 km away from Kallichoron and Astypalea’s Chora. On rare occasions (due to adverse weather conditions) the ferry might call at the old port of Pera Yalos (or Skala).
Kallichoron offers a free bus shuttle service, to and from the port should you require it. Please provide your arrival and departure times upon reservation to ensure your seat.
For the ferries’ schedule for 2018, please click here.
Recommended ferries :
Wednesday 5 Sept. (Blue Star Naxos) Piraeus- Astypalea 06:45-16:25
Tuesday 11 Sept. (Blue Star Patmos) Astypalea-Piraeus 01:50-10:20
There is a local bus service connecting Astypalea’s four main settlements (Livadi, Chora, Pera Gialos, Maltezana). The frequency of the service varies depending on the season.
You can also rent a car in order to be more independent. Kallichoron works with car and scooter rental agencies to help its guests enjoy premium rates. For your convenience, the car’s pick-up and drop can be done at the hotel. Indicatively, prices start at 20 euros. There are also two taxis providing their services on the island.
A few words about Kallichoron Art boutique Hotel
Kallichoron Art Boutique Hotel is an apartment complex in Astypalea’s Chora which combines the island’s tradition with modern comfort. Magnificent view, tasteful decoration and modern equipment combined with warm hospitality and authentic flavors ensure a relaxing and pleasant stay.
The complex’s unique location, just a few meters from the main square of Chora, offers a magnificent view of the traditional settlement of Kastro, the whitewashed windmills and the endless blue of the Aegean Sea. A harmonious environment of tranquility and relaxation, against the backdrop of the most spectacular sunrise in the Aegean is waiting for you!
The apartments combine tradition and modern comfort. Their high aesthetics combined with the provided services, can satisfy even the most demanding visitor.
All rooms are spacious and offer all modern comforts such as a fully equipped kitchen, Nespresso coffee machine, air conditioning, 32 “LCD TV, free Wi-Fi, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes and Apivita toiletries.
The hotel’s rooms and public areas host works of art by the distinguished Marine and Sea painter and visual artist Eva Divaris (http://evadivari.com/). Also, there is an art shop, a lending library, a business corner, and a large collection of board games.
Παλιότερα Yoga Retreat με την Φωτεινή
- Yoga Retreat σε Yurt στο Abelionas Retreat Μεσσηνία το 2018 click
- To Columbia beach Resort Φιλοξένησε το Μεγαλύτερο Yoga Retreat στην Κύπρο το 2017 click
- Χαλάρωση με Υοga στο Νησί της Ηρεμίας, Ικαρία 2017 click
- Yoga Retreat στην Αντίπαρο 2017 click
- Yoga retreat σε ένα Νησί γεμάτο Ελλάδα, τη Πάρο 2017 click
- To Costa Navarino Φιλοξένησε το Μεγαλύτερο Yoga Retreat στην Ελλάδα το 2017 click
- Υοga Retreat στην Αράχωβα 2-5 Ιανουαρίου 2017 click
- Διακοπές Αναζωογόνησης & Χαλάρωσης με Yoga στα Σύβοτα Θεσπρωτίας 6-9 Οκτωβρίου 2016 click
- Ένα Αξέχαστο Yoga Retreat στην Ικαρία 24-29 Ιουνίου 2016 click
- Τι έζησα στο 3μερο Yoga Retreat στην Αίγινα 20-22 Μαϊου 2016 click
- Yoga & Spa retreat στο Thermae Resort & Spa Platystomo 29-31 Ιανουαρίου 2016 click