After the holidays of Christmas and with the coming of 2020, in the 3 days of the Epiphany, we’ll meet in a special place, near Monemvasia, with a great history, for a detoxification of the body and the soul, in a unique Yoga retreat.
A true Zen state in a place where everything is real, with beautiful trees—the one that stole my heart is the sweet acacia, a tree with yellow-golden flowers that form large axillaries and capillary inflorescences. Its smell is intoxicating. The whole estate is intoxicating, full of soul and history. Endless water flows from the spring, filling the air with sound, everywhere you go.
We walked the pathways between the estate’s gardens to enjoy the lively colours and smells from the ornamental and aromatic plants, of which it has more than 250 species.
We tried its fruits and the products of its farms, we took part in the olive preservation process, putting them in plastic bottles with water, salt, lemon, and aromatic plants (oregano, thyme, coriander), we met its cellar and tasted its malvazia, we relaxed with their pampering in the spa, and tried the Greek creative tastes in a unique atmosphere.
The Kinsterna Hotel 5* is a byzantine mansion that was restored with complete respect to its long historical journey, to serve today as a unique lodging with world-wide recognition, that promises to give us a unique experience of staying in a true paradise for the lovers of nature.
There are no words to describe the serenity, the clean air, and the aura of this mansion, that overlooks the legendary castle on the rock of Monemvasia.
In the fertile 90-acre estate, whose most famous previous owner was Ibrahim Bay, we’ll relax around the natural-water pools, we’ll be rejuvenated in the atmospheric Kinsterna Spa, and we’ll hike on the green hills around the estate, enjoying the enchanting view and the nature. The sun-dried wine of Monemvasia-Malvasia (PDO) is produced in the mansion’s vineyards.
The place seems out of a fairytale, and every room or suite is unique
Just 7 kilometers away, we’ll be visiting the castle-city of Monemvasia to get to know its uniqueness and its multiple discreet elements, all in a romantic landscape.
On this proud rock, between medieval walls, we’ll explore it together, and we’ll meditate and take our deep breaths, in a spot that I’ve specifically chosen for you.
The element of the earth will be active in this first retreat of 2020. We’ll work on the chakra of the base. The element of the earth represents the senses, stability, strength, survival, security, decay, patience, health, warmth, comfort, the labours of the earth and with the animals. We’re honouring this element, taking care of nature, of the earth, and ourselves. Paying attention to your senses, to your body, to your physical needs, and to your bodily health. When the element of the earth dominates, it aids in curing, in the practices and energies that are related to it. With warm beverages of sage and pine, we’ll give a warm note to our practices.
*The yoga practices are for all levels.
Fotini teaches Hatha, Restorative and Vinyasa yoga. She is a registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance RYT500, which acknowledges the completion of a yoga teacher training with a registered yoga school. She is also a gymnast graduate from Athens University and owner of the Kouros studio. Fotini was the founder of the classic athletics (track) team in Aegina, of which she was president for five years. She was also involved for 12 years with classic athletics (800 – 1,500 meters) and was a track champion in many appearances with the national team of Greece. For Yoga instructor Fotini Bitros’ Biography click here
Indicative daily schedule
- 8:00am departure from Athens
- visit in Monemvasia,
- arrival at Kinsterna Hotel
- free time spa
- 19:00 Yoga
- 8:30πμ morning Hatha Yoga
- soap leasson
- visit at Geraka Lakonias
- 19:00 Yoga
Monday (Epiphany) 6/1/20
- 8:30πμ morning Yoga
- eEpiphany event in Monevasia
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- 4 yoga classes
- 2 nights at Kinsterna
- 20 discout for our group in the hotel’s Spa
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Transfer from/to hotel
- Double Room: 290 € / person
- Triple Room 260€ / person
- Single Room : 440 € / person
- PRICE: for companions -50 €
- 100 € Reservation
- 100 € until 20 November 2019
- Full payment until 20 December 2019
address Leoforos Dimokratias 6 Aegina
My address Leoforos Faneromenis-Aegina
Swift Eurobank bank Greek number Iban:GR 1902603710000350100194261
Name Bitrou Foteini
- Cancellation 8 weeks before departure – loss of deposit
- Cancellation 8-2 weeks before departure – loss of 80% of the total amount
- Cancellation two weeks until departure – loss of 100% of the total amount
For more information contact Fotini here: firstname.lastname@example.org, +30 6932431281
Previous Yoga Retreats with Fotini
- Yoga Retreat next to the Sea in Aegina October 2019, Irides click
- Yoga Retreat in the Nature of Agrafa, October 2019, Montanema click
- Yoga Retreat to ONAR’s Paradise, Achla beach, Andros 2019 click
- One of the Most Popular Yoga Retreats in Greece in 2019, on the unique island of Ikaria for the 4th consecutive Year click
- A Unique Yoga Retreat Destination in Kythera 2019 click
- Yoga Retreat at one of the Best Spas in the World, Therma Sylla 2019 click
- An Unforgettable Yoga Retreat in Mani in Feb 2019 click
- An Impressive Yoga Retreat in Snowy Greece. Agrafa-Lake Plastiras in 2018 click
- Yoga overlooking the big blue on the Aegean’s Butterfly, Astypalaia in 2018 click
- One of the most popular Yoga Retreats in Greece, Ikaria in 2018 click
- Yoga Retreat in a Yurt at Abelionas Retreat Messinia in 2018 click
- Columbia Beach Resort Hosted the Biggest Yoga Retreat in Cyprus in 2017 click
- Relaxation with Yoga on the Island of Tranquility, Ikaria 2017 click
- Yoga Retreat in Antiparos 2017 click
- Yoga retreat on an island full of Greece, Paros 2017 click
- Costa Navarino Hosted the Greatest Yoga Retreat in Greece in 2017 click
- Yoga Retreat in Arachova 2-5 January 2017 click
- Rejuvenation & Relaxation Vacation with Yoga in Sivota, Thesprotia 6-9 October 2016 click
- An Unforgettable Yoga Retreat in Ikaria 24-29 June 2016 click
- What I experienced in the 3-day Yoga Retreat on Aegina 20-22 May 2016 click
- Yoga & Spa retreats in Thermae Resort & Spa Platystomo 29-31 January 2016 click