For the fourth consecutive year, one of the most popular retreats in Greece will take place in 2019 on the island where time has stopped with Fotini Bitrou
Ikaria is ideal for relaxing holidays, with its beautiful beaches, with its festivities, with the hot baths and in particular with its people. In recent years, Icarian people’s longevity returns ever more strongly to the fore. International scientists and world leaders have turned their keen interest in learning what it is that makes Ikarians not only centenarians, but with a very good physical condition and health even when they reach a hundred years of age. The best place for Yoga. The island of Ikaria, its wonderful climate and the great venue of The Egg studio will bring the best results for your body and mind.
We will go together on excursions every day and enjoy the island’s beauty at places like Seychelles, Manganitis, Therma, Festivals, Messaktis, Christos, Karkinagri, Gialiskari and many more
Summer is a festive season for Nature – a period of abundance, with gardens and orchards full of fruit, vegetables and flowers. Nutritionally, summer is the time when there is the greatest abundance and variety of foods.
It is the season when the Fire element is active. We will focus on this element – fire – with pranayama and asanas. Joy is the emotion associated with fire, which, when in balance, manifests itself through enthusiasm for life.
WHAT IS INCLUDED (6 nights)
- 12 yoga classes at EGG studio
- 6 nights at Karras Star Hotel (next to EGG)
- 6 x breakfast at the Karras Star Hotel
- 6 x dinners at THE EGG with local, traditional Ikarian cuisine from Stamatia’s hands
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Transfer from/to hotel to/from port
- Ferry or airplane tickets
- Extra activities at THE EGG
Yoga Practice Venue – THE EGG
Indicative daily schedule
- Morning Hatha yoga (8:30 – 9: 45am)
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Free time for swimming, excursions on the island, hiking, Massage and anything else you can think of…
- Sunset Yoga,
- Calming breathing techniques, calming exercises, meditation and reflection in a relaxed mind and connection with the essence of who we really are (19: 00-20: 15)
- Delicious dinner at THE EGG
* One day we will also practise SUP Yoga near the sea – at the beach of Messakti
Fotini teaches Hatha, Restorative and Vinyasa yoga. She is a registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance RYT500, which acknowledges the completion of a yoga teacher training with a registered yoga school. She is also a gymnast graduate from Athens University and owner of the Kouros studio. Fotini was the founder of the classic athletics (track) team in Aegina, of which she was president for five years. She was also involved for 12 years with classic athletics (800 – 1,500 meters) and was a track champion in many appearances with the national team of Greece. For Yoga instructor Fotini Bitros’ Biography click here
PRICE: 470 € in double room, 570 € in single room
PRICE: for companions € 350 in double room, 415 € in single room with breakfast
- 50 € Reservation
- 150 € until 30th April 2019
- Full payment until 20th May 2019
address Leoforos Dimokratias 6 Aegina
My address Leoforos Faneromenis-Aegina
Swift Eurobank bank Greek number Iban:GR 1902603710000350100194261
Name Bitrou Foteini
For more information contact Fotini here: firstname.lastname@example.org, +30 6932431281
- Cancellation 8 weeks before departure – loss of deposit
- Cancellation 8-2 weeks before departure – loss of 80% of the total amount
- Cancellation two weeks until departure – loss of 100% of the total amount
A few words about Ikaria
Ikaria will overwhelm you with its incredible, full of energy, locations to do yoga
Icaria is one of the largest islands of the eastern Aegean, Greece. Located between Samos and Mykonos and has an elongated shape with an NE – SW direction. Its name comes from the Greek myth of Icarus and Daedalus. Icaria has a rich historical and cultural heritage, preserved over the centuries. The Icarian dialect, the traditional architecture of the buildings and the archaeological findings testify to the unique history of Icaria. Many nations have tried to occupy the island, but there was always a strong resistance from the locals.
The whole island has a wild natural beauty, attracting visitors of all ages from around the world. It is a mountainous island with green valleys that flow into the sea and exotic beaches that create its charming atmosphere. Icaria has lush vegetation, biodiversity, and abundance of water. Many rare species of flora and fauna are living there.
The climate is classified as Mediterranean with strong winds, even during the summer. The geological and geomorphological environment of the island, make it a unique geotope. A characteristic feature of Icaria is its famous feasts where people dance Ikariotiko all day, drink red wine and eat goat stew (rasko). Icaria is waiting for visitors to learn, have fun and become one with the locals.
Icaria is ideal for relaxing holidays, with its beautiful beaches, with its festivities, with the hot baths and in particular with its people. In recent years, Icarian people’s longevity returns ever more strongly to the fore. International scientists and world leaders have turned their keen interest in learning what it is that makes Icarians not only centenarians but with a very good physical condition and health even when they reach a hundred years of age. It is the best place for yoga. The island of Icaria, its wonderful climate, and the great venue of the EGG studio will bring the best results for your body and mind.
More info here …
What you eat
Time to enjoy the Mediterranean Ikarian kitchen. It’s fresh, healthy and guaranteed organic. THE EGG offers you buffets, where you can just pick what you like. We provide only local, vegetarian and guaranteed organic Greek dishes.
Food in Ikaria has a very long and old tradition. The islanders prefer to eat fresh and self-cultivated food. Almost every real Ikarian has its own garden full of fresh vegetables and fruits and most of the time even a little farm for their very own meat supply during summer and winter.
Locals will always find time to get together for eating and they’ll surely discuss all the goods while sharing everything on one table. You are what you eat! This certainly counts on the island.
Stamatia, a local woman, and her crew will be responsible for a memorable, delicious time in the resort. A daily changing variety of exquisite, homemade cuisine will equip you for both, mental and physical activities during your stay. Local seasonally picked herbs for teas will balance your appetite during the courses/lessons.
The third day of our arrival, 24th June, is one of the largest summer festivals of Greek tradition, the celebration of Klidona (or Rigana St. John, or Rizikaris) and is accompanied by the traditional custom of passing over fires.
How to get to Ikaria
Go to Hellenic Seaways’ website to book on-line
Ikaria is connected with other islands like Chios, Fournoi, Lesvos, lakes, Samos, Syros, and the cities of Thessaloniki and Kavala.
For information on itineraries, tickets’ availability, prices and reservations please visit www.greekferries.gr
By airplane (Ikaria airport 20km JIK)
You can arrive at Ikaria Island National Airport (JIK). There is no pickup service.
Flight service from Athens with Olympic Airways click here: https://www.olympicair.com/
Flight service from Thessaloniki with Astra Airlines click here: http://www.astra-airlines.gr/
Click for All the Yoga Retreats in Greece with Fotini for 2019 HERE…
Previous Yoga Retreats with Fotini
- An Unforgettable Yoga Retreat in Mani in Feb 2019 click
- An Impressive Yoga Retreat in Snowy Greece. Agrafa-Lake Plastiras in 2018 click
- Yoga overlooking the big blue on the Aegean’s Butterfly, Astypalaia in 2018 click
- One of the most popular Yoga Retreats in Greece, Ikaria in 2018 click
- Yoga Retreat in a Yurt at Abelionas Retreat Messinia in 2018 click
- Columbia Beach Resort Hosted the Biggest Yoga Retreat in Cyprus in 2017 click
- Relaxation with Yoga on the Island of Tranquility, Ikaria 2017 click
- Yoga Retreat in Antiparos 2017 click
- Yoga retreat on an island full of Greece, Paros 2017 click
- Costa Navarino Hosted the Greatest Yoga Retreat in Greece in 2017 click
- Yoga Retreat in Arachova 2-5 January 2017 click
- Rejuvenation & Relaxation Vacation with Yoga in Sivota, Thesprotia 6-9 October 2016 click
- An Unforgettable Yoga Retreat in Ikaria 24-29 June 2016 click
- What I experienced in the 3-day Yoga Retreat on Aegina 20-22 May 2016 click
- Yoga & Spa retreats in Thermae Resort & Spa Platystomo 29-31 January 2016 click