This yoga holiday will take place on a wonderful spot in Aegina, only 40 minutes from Piraeus, Athens. You will have the chance to clear you heads, to breathe deeply again and to detoxify – getting rid of everything you don’t need any more.
In the 3-day yoga retreat at Irides Luxury Apartments, you will use yoga techniques to deepen your contact with the positive qualities inside you.
- 4 classes of yoga and meditation
- half board
- 2 nights stay
Spoken Languages: English and Greek
Purefitness Yoga Holiday Greece Program
You will practice during this yoga retreat basic breathing exercises and learn how you can use them to manage stress and increase energy in your daily lives. You will become aware of your own true qualities and bring them even further into your lives through meditation. The program includes dynamic asana yoga in the morning, gentler forms of yoga in the afternoon and calming breathing practices, meditation and reflection to quiet the mind and connect with the essence of who you are.
Typical daily program
- morning Hatha yoga
- Breakfast – a typical Greek breakfast with traditional products
- Free time
- Afternoon relaxation – massages, siesta, hang out on the beach,SUP yoga, go exploring, whatever you want…time to just be
- Sunset meditation, end each day with calming breathing practices, meditation and reflection to quiet the mind and connect with the essence of who you are
- Delicious dinner
Fotini Bitrou (Hatha, Restorative and Vinyasa Yoga)
Fotini is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT500) with Yoga Alliance, which acknowledges the completion of a yoga teacher training with a Registered Yoga School (RYS). Fotini is a gymnast (Graduate Athens University) and owner of the Kouros studio in Aegina. She was founder of the classic athletics (track) team in Aegina of which she was president for 5 years, and she was involved for 12 years with classic athletics (800 – 1,500 meters) and was track champion in many appearances with the National Team of Greece. more info about Fotini here…
What’s not included
- Air tickets
- Transfer from the airport to Aegina island
PRICE: 190€/person in a double sharing room, 250 € in a single, 180 € in a triple room / person
A 50% deposit must be paid to secure your reservation. The balance payable 5 weeks prior to arrival. Bookings made less than 5 weeks prior to retreat must be paid in full.
Cancelation 8 weeks before departure – loss of deposit
Cancelation 8 – 4 weeks before departure – loss of 80% of total price
Cancelation 4 weeks or less before departure or for non-arrivals – loss 100% of total price.
Please note that all cancellations are only effective once confirmed via emailby Purefitness. Please note that all refunds are subject to commission and/or bank charges.
For more information contact Fotini here: [email protected], +30 6932431281
Irides luxury studios and apartments are located right on the beach, just outside the village of Souvala in Agious on the north side of Aegina island (vis a vis Athens) in Greece. Irides is like a small hotel – resort situated right next to the sea. You can wake up with the sound of the waves, watch the sunrise above the mainland and start your day with a lovely walk next to the sea. Have your breakfast at our poolside and enjoy the sun and sea afterwards.
There are sunbeds around the pool and on the beach in front. There are also lots of shaded areas and there is always a small breeze to comfort you. Have your drink next to the pool while looking at the fantastic sunset skies in the afternoon. The studios and apartments are comfortable and have balconies or terraces with sea view.
The accommodation at Irides consists of 6 buildings with studios and apartments and one separate bungalow (in total 15 units). Irides has a salt water swimming pool which is surrounded with shaded areas.
Next to the swimming pool you will find the reception and a shaded area where breakfast is served, and you can enjoy snacks, a daily dish and drinks. Here you can read a book, watch some television, play a game of “tavli” or you can make use of the free WiFi internet connection. For those who prefer to have dinner at our accommodation, Irides offer one daily dish and salad. more info here…
Things to do
- Relax by the beach
- Relax by the swimming pool
- Visit the family museum of Irides
- Visit the town of Aegina
- Visit the traditional villages of Vagia and Souvala
Aegina has been an island of exceeding importance over the ancient and modern times. It was the first capital of the contemporary Greek State. The city of Aegina (where the central port is located) is situated on the west side of the island. It is really picturesque and humming with life all year round. The church of Saint Nicolas, small and picturesque, welcomes the visitor as he enters the port. The Archaeological Site of Kolona (Column) together with the Archaeological Museum as well as the Museum of Folklore and History of the Municipality of Aegina will give the visitor an insight to the island’s history, life and art during the ancient and contemporary periods. The best way to get to know the town is by wandering around the beach and through the narrow streets and alleys where one finds monuments of the era of Kapodistrias (Greece’s first governor), neoclassic buildings, beautiful old houses as well as many interesting shops, cafés, taverns and bars for relaxation and entertainment.
At a close distance you will find a super market and a couple of tavernas. Souvala can be reached by foot within 25 minutes or within 3 car minutes. The bus that stops almost in front of Irides, will take you to the village of Vagia, or to Souvala and Aegina town.
- Piraeus – Athens – 40 minutes
- Souvala – 25 minutes by foot, 3 minutes by car
How to get there
Arrival by airplane
You have to book flights to Athens Elefterios Venizelor Airport (ATH).
Arrival by bus
Leaving the arrivals hall, you will find bus X96, which takes you straight to the Port of Piraeus. Every 15 – 20 minutes is a bus is leaving during the day and about every half hour at night. The bus stops several time on the way, the Piraeus harbor is about the last stop. The price of the ticket is 5.00 EUR (At night the price can be slightly more) and is valid for 24 hours. You may use this ticket on the bus, trolley bus or the metro. The trip will take from 60 minutes to 1 1/4 hour depending on the traffic! At the airport you can buy the ticket at the small ticket office located next to the bus stop. In Piraeus you buy the ticket also at the ticket office next to the busstop. After you have bought the ticket you have to put it in the ticketmachines in the bus to print a date on it. So have pocket money ready when you buy a ticket, they don’t appreciate paper money very much.
Arrival by ferry
You have to take a ferry from Piraeus to either Souvala or Aegina
The “Alexandros” Ferry is going directly to Souvala. If you give Purefitness a call before they can pick you up from the harbor or arrange a taxi to pick you up. The drive from to harbor to Irides takes 5 minutes.
more info about Aegina here…
Previous Yoga Retreats with Fotini
- A yoga retreat straight out of a fairytale, Monemvasia January 2020, Kinsterna click
- Impressive pictures from the Yoga Retreat in Sri Lanka, December 2019, click
- Yoga Retreat next to the Sea in Aegina October 2019, Irides click
- Yoga Retreat in the Nature of Agrafa, October 2019, Montanema click
- Yoga Retreat to ONAR’s Paradise, Achla beach, Andros 2019 click
- One of the Most Popular Yoga Retreats in Greece in 2019, on the unique island of Ikaria for the 4th consecutive Year click
- A Unique Yoga Retreat Destination in Kythera 2019 click
- Yoga Retreat at one of the Best Spas in the World, Therma Sylla 2019 click
- An Unforgettable Yoga Retreat in Mani in Feb 2019 click
- An Impressive Yoga Retreat in Snowy Greece. Agrafa-Lake Plastiras in 2018 click
- Yoga overlooking the big blue on the Aegean’s Butterfly, Astypalaia in 2018 click
- One of the most popular Yoga Retreats in Greece, Ikaria in 2018 click
- Yoga Retreat in a Yurt at Abelionas Retreat Messinia in 2018 click
- Columbia Beach Resort Hosted the Biggest Yoga Retreat in Cyprus in 2017 click
- Relaxation with Yoga on the Island of Tranquility, Ikaria 2017 click
- Yoga Retreat in Antiparos 2017 click
- Yoga retreat on an island full of Greece, Paros 2017 click
- Costa Navarino Hosted the Greatest Yoga Retreat in Greece in 2017 click
- Yoga Retreat in Arachova 2-5 January 2017 click
- Rejuvenation & Relaxation Vacation with Yoga in Sivota, Thesprotia 6-9 October 2016 click
- An Unforgettable Yoga Retreat in Ikaria 24-29 June 2016 click
- What I experienced in the 3-day Yoga Retreat on Aegina 20-22 May 2016 click
- Yoga & Spa retreats in Thermae Resort & Spa Platystomo 29-31 January 2016 click