Who would expect that a secret treasure would be hidden in the mountains of Agrafa, in a ravine, near Lake Plastira.
It’s no coincidence that this place on Earth attracted the biggest Yoga Retreat that has ever been organized in Greece
Furthermore, according to Unesco, you can find one of the world’s top five areas with the cleanest environment, with worldwide recognition and awards for its water quality. Upon our arrival, a great surprise was waiting for us in the Ecological Village of Montanema – a snowy landscape, with white firs and free cows roaming the mountain.
During the three days of our stay from16 to 18 Nov. 2018 we enjoyed the sweet snowfall from the impressive yoga room, the delicious food made from local products baked in the wood stove and the lovely houses each with a fireplace. We followed all the activities that Montanema’s hospitable team prepared in detail for us, like going mountain trekking to pick up mushrooms and prepare our own mushroom soup in the open-air cuisine and a course on traditional bread kneading.
With the help of our practice and nature’s wonderful scenery, we found what our soul was longing for.
Montanema was not a random choice. The word Montanema has been derived from two words, the first being the word Montagne that means mountain and the word anema that means soul. Every time I organize a yoga retreat it feels like writing a whole script for the first time from the beginning to the end and with you holding the lead roles and a setting from a fairytale.
Because I believe in fairy tales as well as in positive energy. Fotini
We will be there again next year on 11-12-13 October 2019 with an autumn setting and a new traditional spa waiting for us for moments of relaxation and rejuvenation. Book now HERE …
photo credits: Effie Grigoriou
Click for All the Yoga Retreats in Greece with Fotini for 2019 HERE…
Previous Yoga Retreats with Fotini
- An Impressive Yoga Retreat in Snowy Greece. Agrafa-Lake Plastiras in 2018 click
- Yoga overlooking the big blue on the Aegean’s Butterfly, Astypalaia in 2018 click
- One of the most popular Yoga Retreats in Greece, Ikaria in 2018 click
- Yoga Retreat in a Yurt at Abelionas Retreat Messinia in 2018 click
- Columbia Beach Resort Hosted the Biggest Yoga Retreat in Cyprus in 2017 click
- Relaxation with Yoga on the Island of Tranquility, Ikaria 2017 click
- Yoga Retreat in Antiparos 2017 click
- Yoga retreat on an island full of Greece, Paros 2017 click
- Costa Navarino Hosted the Greatest Yoga Retreat in Greece in 2017 click
- Yoga Retreat in Arachova 2-5 January 2017 click
- Rejuvenation & Relaxation Vacation with Yoga in Sivota, Thesprotia 6-9 October 2016 click
- An Unforgettable Yoga Retreat in Ikaria 24-29 June 2016 click
- What I experienced in the 3-day Yoga Retreat on Aegina 20-22 May 2016 click
- Yoga & Spa retreats in Thermae Resort & Spa Platystomo 29-31 January 2016 click